Unlike most years when there is a clear cut favorite, there's a lot of parity in the SW Region this year. The Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference has a solid shot of sending two teams to the playoffs this year. The MIAA is led by NW Missouri, but it is muddled after that, and it is possible, not likely but possible, that they could only send one team to the playoffs. The LSC has 4 playoff caliber teams, but only 2 or maybe 3 will get in.
1. 90% Chadron State (7-0) - Play at Nebraska-Kearney Thursday. Webcast on CSTV. Host Mesa State next week. Can afford one loss.
2. 80% Northwest Missouri State (5-1) - Host Washburn and Missouri Southern. Maybe one more loss, but not certain.
3. 80% West Texas A&M (7-0) - Travel to Abilene this week and Tarleton to close out season. Don't overlook Angelo or Central Ok (ask ACU). Can afford one loss.
4. 80% Tarleton State (7-0) - Host Abilene next week and WTAM final weekend. Can afford one loss.
5. 70% Mesa State (7-0) - Travel to Chadron next week, Colorado Mines could be trap game. Should be in with one loss, but not certain.
6. 50% Washburn (5-2) - Travel to NW Missouri next week, then host Pitt State the next in what may be a playoff elimination game. Probably need to win out.
7. 50% Abilene Christian (6-1) - Host WTAM, travel to Tarleton, then close out season at Midwestern State. Early loss to Central Oklahoma could come back to haunt them. Can probably afford one loss, but not two.
8. 30% Midwestern State (5-2) - Close out season hosting Abilene. Must win out. Need help.
9. 30% Missouri Western State (5-2) - Host Missouri Southern and Central Missouri. Must win out. Need help.
10. 30% Pittsburg State (5-2) - Travel to Washburn in next to last weekend. Must win out. Need help.
11. 5% Nebraska-Kearney (4-2) - Host Chadron, travel to Colorado Mines in a possible trap game. Must win out. Need a lot of help.
12. 0% Central Missouri (4-3) - Host Missouri Southern, travel to Missouri Western. No Chance.
Unranked 5% Missouri Southern (5-2) - travel to Central Missouri, Missouri Western, and NW Missouri. Must win out (and if they do, they deserve to be in playoffs). Need a lot of help.