- (3) UCO (11-2, 5-2) - got a split in Abilene, opened the season with 10 straight wins.
- (1) Angelo State (11-5, 6-2) - two of their losses were to national power Delta State.
- (6) TAMK (10-4, 6-2) - haven't played top-notch competition yet, but beating teams they are supposed to.
- (2) ACU (6-8, 5-2) - tough early schedule with Delta State, So. Arkansas, and UCO already.
- (4) Northeastern State (6-6, 2-2) - some big early wins, split on road at TSU.
- (5) Tarleton (9-7, 4-4) - Danny Morris is outstanding, Greg Terppeninng good, rest of staff really struggling, luckily offense is scoring 8+ per game.
- (10) ENMU (8-4, 2-2) - Offense carrying team so far.
- (9) Cameron (9-7, 3-5) - did better against MIAA (6-2) than LSC.
- (12) East Central (6-10, 3-5) - after tough opening 12 games, split w/WTAM not what they wanted.
- (7) Southeastern Ok (4-8, 3-5) - Angelo not the easiest way to start the season, could get rolling once warmed up. Split with #2 Ouachita Baptist on Tuesday, including a 23-2 stomping in game one.
- (11) West Texas A&M (4-8, 2-5) - Bats haven't been able to overcome pitching. NAIA College of Southwest beat WTAM 21-3 in game 2 Tuesday.
- (8) Southwestern Ok (3-9, 1-6) - Streber and Espinal only guys hitting early on, pitching hasn't been bad.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Baseball Power Poll - Week 1
Two weeks of LSC play are in the books (one in the case of NSU and ENMU), so how do the teams stand?
Posted by LSC Scoop at 1:57 AM