- (2) Abilene Christian (19-9, 16-3) - swept ECU; have won 11 in a row
- (1) Angelo State (22-8, 16-4) - took 3 of 4 from WTAM
- (3) Central Oklahoma (21-7, 13-6) - Swept SWO
- (5) Southeastern Oklahoma (13-13, 11-9) - Took 3 of 4 from Tarleton
- (6) ENMU (15-10, 9-7) - Took 3 of 4 from TAMK
- (7) Cameron (17-11, 11-9) - Swept Northeastern State
- (4) Texas A&M-Kingsville (15-14, 10-10) - lost 3 of 4 at ENMU
- (8) East Central (11-18, 8-12) - swept by ACU
- (9) Northeastern State (8-17, 4-12) - Swept by Cameron
- (10) Tarleton St. (12-17, 7-13) - took opener from SEO, lost final 3 games
- (11) Southwestern Oklahoma (7-17, 5-14) - Swept by UCO
- (12) West Texas A&M (8-19, 4-15) - won a wild opener vs Angelo, then outscored 5-50 in last three games.
Top Series this weekend - Two really good ones this week.
ACU at SEO - ACU is the hottest team in the LSC, having won 11 in a row coming into this series. The Savage Storm have shown the ability to compete against nationally ranked teams, splitting 4 games with Ouachita Baptist who was #2 in the nation at the time.
UCO vs. Cameron - UCO needs to do well this weekend to keep Angelo and Abilene within reach, while Cameron can seperate a little from the pack that is forming in the middle of the LSC race. Both teams are coming off of sweeps last weekend, both have won 6 of the last 8, and 8 of the last 12 LSC games.
WTAM at TAMK - WT's strong batting vs. TAMK's strong pitching. WT's weak pitching vs. TAMK's average offense. Both teams are coming off of 1-3 series last weekend, but WT is probably happy with their one win (what a game by the way box score) while TAMK probably pretty disappointed. This is a very important series for the Javelinas if they want to make any noise.
SWO at NSU - Neither of these teams is going anywhere, both have lost 7 of their last 8 LSC games. Did NSU really beat Central Missouri and Ouachita Baptist this year? The loser of this series could find themselves in the cellar.
Tarleton at ECU - ECU was showing some life before last weekend's sweep by ACU. Tarleton has just had a hard time getting anything started. This series can put the winner back into the middle of the pack, but the loser will be heading toward the cellar.
Series Mismatch - ENMU at Angelo - Based on records alone, this might not look too lopsided, after all ENMU is 9-7 in the LSC and is coming of a 3-1 series win over TAMK, and has not lost an LSC series yet. But Angelo is playing close to their postseason level last year and have won every LSC series so far.
Abilene Christian is back in the national polls, coming in at #20 in the College Baseball News Poll.
Angelo State is #25 in the College Baseball News Poll and #18 in the Ping.com rankings.
Central Oklahoma is receiving votes according to the College Baseball News, but is #20 in the Ping.com poll.
The Gulf South Conference continues to do well in the rankings. In the College Baseball News Poll, West Alabama is #2, Southern Arkansas is #5, Delta State is #10, Ouchita Baptist is #12 (with 3 of their 5 losses coming to NSU and SEO), and receiving votes are North Alabama and West Georgia. Ping.com has Southern Arkansas at #2, West Alabama at #3, Delta State is #8, Ouachita Baptist is #9, and at #28 is North Alabama.
St Edwards is #18 and St. Mary is #24 in the College Baseball News Poll. Ping.com has St. Mary's at #21, and St. Edwards at #25.
Pitcher - Tyler Bishop UCO