- (2) Angelo State (26-8, 20-4) - swept ENMU
- (1) Abilene Christian (21-11, 18-5) - split with SEO
- (4) Southeastern Oklahoma (15-15, 13-10) - split with ACU
- (6) Cameron (20-12, 14-10) - took 3 of 4 from UCO
- (3) Central Oklahoma (22-10, 14-9) - lost 3 of 4 to Cameron
- (7) Texas A&M-Kingsville (19-14, 14-10) - swept WTAM
- (5) ENMU (15-14, 9-11) - swept by ASU
- (8) East Central (13-20, 10-14) - split w/ Tarleton
- (9) Northeastern State (11-18, 7-13) -took 3 of 4 from SWO
- (10) Tarleton St. (14-19, 9-15) - split w/ ECU
- (11) Southwestern Oklahoma (8-20, 6-17) - Swept by UCO
- (12) West Texas A&M (8-23, 4-19) - swept by TAMK
Angelo State is #20 this week, while Central Oklahoma and Abilene Christian are receiving votes.
West Alabama is #3, Southern Arkansas is tied for #4, Delta State is #11, St Edwards is #19, Ouachita Baptist is #23, St. Marys is #24 and North Alabama is receiving votes.
Angelo State is #17 and Central Oklahoma is #29.
Southern Arkansas #2, West Alabama #4, Delta State is #8, Ouachita Baptist is #15, St Marys is #19 and St Edwards is #27.
Co-Hitter of the Week - Josh Barnett, Cameron
Co-Hitter of the Week - Clay Calfee, Angelo State
Pitcher of the Week - Joe Key, Angelo State
LSC Weekend Matchups
UCO at Angelo State - Top matchup - This had more appeal before the Bronchos lost 3 of 4 last weekend, but they can make up for it with a strong effort this weekend. The top two scoring teams in the LSC face the #3 and #4 pitching staffs (by ERA). A look at league leaders is filled with players from both teams. ASU 4-1, UCO 4-1, 2-0, 18-12
ECU at Cameron - Pivotal series for ECU- they can either find themselves back in the middle of the pack with a series win, or down in the lower third if they lose it. Mirror-opposite for Cameron - a lost series puts them in the middle of the pack, while winning it puts them in the thick of the race. CU 5-1, 9-6, 6-5, 16-13
NSU at TAMK - The Javelinas will try to continue their dominance of teams with losing records (10-2 in the LSC), while NSU hopes they turned the corner against SWO last week. NSU 10-5, TAMK 3-1, NSU 13-7, 6-5
WTAM at TSU - Good bet for most runs scored this weekend. Tarleton has allowed 9 runs per game, while WTAM has allowed over 11. Tarleton has also allowed the third most unearned runs (60) while WTAM has allowed the most (84). TSU 27-4, 18-6, 15-5, 7-3
SEO at SWO - Mismatch of the Week - with the exception of the ASU series (what a way to open the season), SEO has played some of the nations top teams very tough. SWO has struggled, losing 10 of their last 12 (to ECU, UCO, NSU). SEO 5-2, 23-9, 4-1, 21-5