- Abilene Christian (Last Week 2) - ACU was down 21-7 after the first quarter, and it looked like another LSC loss to a top MIAA team. Instead of folding, ACU outscored NWMSU 37-6 over the final 45 minutes.
- West Texas A&M (1) - It's pretty rare to drop a spot after a road victory over a nationally ranked squad, but with ACU soundly defeating #3 on the road, this week is an exception.
- Tarleton (3) - The Texans serve notice to the rest of the LSC that they are not to be overlooked.
- Texas A&M-Commerce (4) - Played the Demons tough, but a few mistakes really hurt the Lions.
- Midwestern State (5) - Open, while preparing for SOSU, were the Mustangs watching how close Newberry played Valdosta out of the corner of their eyes?
- Texas A&M-Kingsville (6) - Tough game at tough place to play - Did the game help or hurt the team's confidence?
- Southwestern Oklahoma (8) - Won a game they were supposed to. Did they find a RB and WR to complement Haggerty?
- Angelo State (9) - Led Texas State 14-7 going into 4th quarter, missed 3 FGs 36 yds or shorter, before falling 21-14. Will they build on this, or is this 2007 replayed? Injury to Neiswander could be big blow.
- Central Oklahoma (12) - Played Pittsburg State tough, losing by a much smaller than predicted margin (16-12) and held the powerful PSU offense to 376 yds. On the flip side, did not convert any of PSU's 5 turnovers into points, offense only had 221 yds, and PSU had a 10 minute margin on time of possession.
- Southeastern Oklahoma (7) - a very disappointing start to the season, getting blown out by a 51-10 margin at Tarleton State.
- East Central (10) - Sam Houston scored on all 8 drives in first half, outgaining ECU 386-82 and leading 52-0.
- Northeastern State (11) - defense kept game close, Arkansas Tech only led 8-3 after 3 quarters.
- Eastern New Mexico (13) - Run defense did a nice job, offense struggled (72 yds and only TD came on a trick play).
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
LSC Scoop Power Ratings 9-2
at 9:17 AM