- Abilene Christian (1) - Blew out Fort Lewis as expected.
- Texas A&M-Kingville (2) - No letdown against East Central.
- Tarleton State (3) - Offense struggled, but defense was stellar.
- Midwestern State (5) - Surprisingly easy win over Savage Storm.
- Central Oklahoma (7) - Back on track with upset in Canyon.
- West Texas A&M (4) - Buffs struggling to find groove.
- Southeastern Oklahoma (6) - No answers for Mustangs
- Angelo State (8) - Prospects good for Rams despite Texas State loss.
- Eastern New Mexico (11) - Greyhounds mix in some running on offense.
- Texas A&M-Commerce (9) - Loss and injuries could make for a long season.
- Northeastern State (10) - defense was great, kept Riverhawks in striking distance.
- East Central (12) - Tigers struggling mightily on both sides of the ball.
- Southwestern Oklahoma (13) - See ECU comment.
Best Team Performance - Midwestern State
Beating Southeastern Oklahoma was not a big surprise (though we picked it wrong), but the margin was. The Mustangs rolled up 400 yards of offense, while holding the Savage Storm to 222.
Rolled up 657 yards of offense, including 124 on the ground. Had 5 touchdown drives of 60+ yards.
Best Defensive Performance - Tarleton State
Texans limited Northeastern State to 148 yards of offense, and tightend up late in the fourth quarter, as the Riverhawks had a first down on Tarleton's 25 yard line and not scoring.
Offensive Player of the Week - JJ Harp, ENMU
Harp threw for 492 yards and 3 TDs in ENMU's win over SWO.
Defensive Player of the Week - Terry Hardeman, UCO
Hardeman keyed the Broncho defense, with 10 tackles, including 3 TFL, a sack and a pass broken up.
Special Teams Player of the Week - Garrett Tidwell, ASU
Tidwell had a 23 yard punt return and 182 yards on 5 kickoff returns, including a 98 yard TD return against Texas State.