- Abilene Christian (1) - cruised through ECU.
- Texas A&M-Kingsville (2) - reversed the turnovers, and took a hard fought battle over Tarleton.
- Angelo State (4) - broke open a close game with two fourth quarter defensive TDs.
- Midwestern State (5) - reeled off 21 straight points to overcome 19-10 third quarter deficit.
- Tarleton State (3) - Six turnovers and 118 penalty yards will not get it done against a top 10 team.
- Southeastern Oklahoma (6) - Savage Storm sitting at 4-2 with favorable upcoming schedule.
- Texas A&M-Commerce (8) - This year's turnaround story?
- Eastern New Mexico (7) - Wheels came off after pulling to within three.
- Central Oklahoma (9) - four consecutive long SBU TD drives put Bronchos in a deep hole.
- West Texas A&M (10) - second straight game the Buffs had a ranked opponent on the ropes.
- Northeastern State (11) - three late turnovers (2 returned for TDs) doom Riverhawks.
- East Central (12) - Can the Tigers beat first year Incarnate Word Cardinals?
- Southwestern Oklahoma (13) - defense was solid (254 yards, 17 points allowed).
Top Team Performance - Abilene Christian
As expected, the Wildcats totally dominated East Central University. Redshirt freshman Mitchell Gale threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs in his first collegiate start, and ACU rushed for 238 yards, led by Darryl Richardson's 143 and 3 TDs. The defense held ECU to just 159 yards, and the only TD was set up by an ACU fumble deep in their own territory.
Top Team Offensive Performance - Angelo State
The Rams racked up 599 yards of offense at Eastern New Mexico, rushing for 196 yards and passing for 403. ASU had 6 drives of 59 or more yards and dominated the time of possession by holding the ball for almost 41 minutes.
Top Team Defensive Performance - Texas A&M-Commerce
The Lions limited Northeastern State to just 183 yards of offense, and scored two fourth quarter TDs to seal the LSC North win over the Riverhawks. Cory Whitfield scored on a 25 yard fumble return, and Israel Hughes returned an interception 65 yard with under four minutes to play and NSU driving.
Top Offensive Performance - Josh Neiswander, Angelo State
Neiswander continued his outstanding 2009 season with a 403 yard, 3 TD performance at Eastern New Mexico. For the season, Josh is throwing for 284 yards per game, and has a 15-3 TD-Int ratio.
Top Defensive Performance - Jeff Edwards, Texas A&M-Kingsville
Edwards had 7 tackles, including 2 for losses and a sack. He also had 2 interceptions, with the second coming with under 1:30 to play and Tarleton trying to tie the ballgame. This the second 4th quarter interception this season for Edwards against ranked opponents with the game on the line.
Top Special Teams Performance - Jerome Hewitt, Southeastern Oklahoma
Hewitt had 102 yards on 5 punt returns and 118 yards on 2 kick returns, including TDs on a 63 yard punt return and a 94 yard kick return. Hewitt is now second in the LSC in both punt and kick returns.