LSC Scoop Superlatives
Offensive - Brittan Golden, West Texas A&M - Golden had just 4 receptions for the Buffs, but was tackled just once! Oddly, his first catch was his longest, 60 yards, and he was stopped just short of a TD at the one yard line. He later had TD catches of 11, 43 and 24 yards as West Texas A&M routed an undermanned Texas A&M-Commerce squad.
Defensive - Nick Jones, Eastern New Mexico - Nick Jones was a one man tackling crew for the Greyhounds. Jones totalled 25 tackles, including 12 solo stops in Eastern New Mexico's 23-10 loss to Texas A&M-Kingsville. Coming into the game, Jones had 37 total tackes for the season.
Special Teams - Greg Saladino, Midwestern State - Saladino converted on a 57 yard field goal in the second quarter of Midwestern State's win over Northeastern State. That kick would turn out to be the difference in the Mustang's 37-34 win. His previous long for 2011 was 43 yards.
LSC Scoop Power Poll
- Midwestern State 10-0 (1) - Got a big-time scare from the Riverhawks, but found a way to win.
- Abilene Christian 8-2 (2) - Had their way with the Cardinals.
- West Texas A&M 7-3 (3) - Mistakes in week one keep Buffs out of playoffs.
- Tarleton State 6-5 (4) - Had to work for win over Angelo State.
- Texas A&M-Kingsville 6-5 (5) - Javs end up and down season on a positive note.
- Angelo State 5-6 (6) - Rams fought hared until the end of the season.
- Incarnate Word 2-8 (7) - Tough end to a tough season.
- Texas A&M-Commerce 1-9 (8) - Very disappointing season for the Lions.
- Eastern New Mexico 2-9 (9) - Greyhounds struggles continue in 2011.