- West Texas A&M - turned back Tarleton in big LSC matchup
- Midwestern State - appear to be fully back in 2011 mode
- Tarleton State - pulled to within 6 points in third quarter, but ran out of gas
- Angelo State - Rams riding high, with a chance for LSC lead this Saturday
- Abilene Christian - Wildcats in every game, with a chance to win or lose
- Eastern New Mexico - Greyhounds steamrolled early, never quit
- Incarnate Word - Card's D fared well against top two LSC offenses
- Texas A&M-Commerce - TDs came with 37 seconds left in first half, 8 seconds in regulation and OT
- Texas A&M-Kingsville - Javelinas -6 in turnover ratio over last three weeks.
Week Five Superlatives
Offense - Keidrick Jackson, Midwestern State - back-to-back award for Jackson, as he piled up 173 yards and 2 TDs rushing for Midwestern State. Jackson is now averaging 105 yards per game and 6.5 per carry, with 8 TDs on the season.
Defense - Mike Wallace, Abilene Chistian - despite being outgained 498 to 320, Abilene Christian was able to steal a 34-28 win on the road at Delta State, and Mike Wallace was a big reason. Wallace picked off two first half Delta State passes, setting up ACU inside the DSU 25 yard line each time. The Wildcats would score TDs on the ensuing possessions, helping to provide the margin of victory.
Special Teams - Cameron Frosch, Texas A&M-Commerce - Frosch was called on often in the Lions 21-14 win over Texas A&M-Kingsville, punting the ball 9 times for 41 yard average. Three times he put the ball inside at or inside the TAMK 11 yard line. His best punt was his last one, a 45 yard punt that was downed at the Javelina 3 yard line.