- West Texas A&M - shut out both FCS-bound schools, outscoring them 60-0.
- Midwestern State - held in check most of night, had to come from behind in fourth to win.
- Tarleton State - freshman RB Zach Henshaw led the way with 119 yards and 3 TDs rushing.
- Abilene Christian - No running game, and nine sacks given up.
- Angelo State - went toe to toe with the Mustangs, but blocked put late in game was killer.
- Texas A&M-Kingsville - gave up another 85+ yard Int. return, but held on this time.
- Incarnate Word - offense held in check until late in fourth quarter, still almost pulled off upset.
- Eastern New Mexico - idle
- Texas A&M-Commerce - game tied at 10 in second quarter, outscored 33-0 the rest of the way.
Week Seven Superlatives
Offense - Anthony Johnson, Texas A&M-Kingsville - in his first start for the Javelinas, Johnson ran for 127 yards on 16 carries, with a 68 TD run through the UIW defense, giving TAMK a 20-10 lead with under four minutes to play.
Defense - Ethan Westbrooks, West Texas A&M - Westbrooks was in the ACU backfield most of the night with 3 sacks (2 solo, 2 assisted) and 3 quarterback hurries, helping WT to limit ACU to just 210 of offense all night.
Special Teams - Midwestern State Team - the Mustangs were able to get a blocked punt (botched snap, the ball hit an ASU protector as he was pushed back) late in the fourth quarter of a tied ballgame. Keidrick Jackson scored on the next play from 10 yards out, helping MSU pull off a fourth quarter comeback and keep their LSC hopes alive.