- West Texas A&M - continue to look like the class of the LSC
- Midwestern State - running into the game of the year with some momentum
- Texas A&M-Kingsville - best of the rest at this point
- Tarleton State - show no mercy on Cardinals
- Abilene Christian - escape Commerce with a scary win
- Angelo State - too many miscues to win on the road
- Eastern New Mexico - were within 7 in the third quarter
- Incarnate Word - no answers for the Texans
- Texas A&M-Commerce - another heart-breaking loss
Week Nine Superlatives
Offense - Dustin Vaughn, West Texas A&M - Vaughn once again put up big numbers, completing 28-37 passes for 331 yards and 5 TDs (to 5 different receivers), in WT's 52-28 road win at West Georgia. Heading into this week's game with Midwestern State, Vaughn has completed 65% of his passes for 2,883 yards and 30 TDs.
Defense - Justin Stewart, Abilene Christian - Stewart was having a pretty quiet game, registering three tackles, before making the game saving play. With ACU holding a slim 24-17 lead and Texas A&M-Commerce driving, Stewart picked off a Kevin Vye pass at the ACU 2 yard line and returned it to the 22, sealing the win for the Wildcats.
Special Teams - Matt Stoll, Texas A&M-Kingsville - Stoll rebounded from a 3 missed PAT game at Tarleton with a perfect night against Angelo State. He connected on field goals from 45 and 44 yards in the first quarter, giving the team points early when the offensive drives bogged down, and then was good on all four PAT's when the Javelinas were able to finish out their drives.