- Texas A&M-Commerce - Nice win over WT - LSC Game of Year up next.
- Midwestern State - playing best ball of year heading into TAMC battle.
- Eastern New Mexico - survive at Tarleton, battle for #3 seed against Angelo.
- Angelo State - Washington tops 8,000 yd passing plateau, should overtake Neiswander this week.
- West Texas A&M - a loss at Kingsville would create three way tie at bottom
- Tarleton State - another solid offensive game, another narrow loss
- Texas A&M-Kingsville - getting closer to breakout win
AFCA Coaches Poll
1. Minnesota State - Mankato
2. West Georgia
3. Northwest Missouri
4. Ferris State
5. Sioux Falls
6. Colorado State-Pueblo
7. Colorado Mines
10. Midwestern State
11. Texas A&M-Commerce
12. Grand Valley State
17. Michigan Tech
23. Colorado Mesa
24. Angelo State
RV - Indianapolis
Seven of the top twelve (and ten of the top 25) are Super Region 4 teams. Some great matchups this weekend.
LSC Scoop Regional Ranking Outlook
- Midwestern State (7-0) - Big win over strong SOS HSU helps solidify #1 spot.
- Ferris State (6-0) - Nice win over Ohio Dominican. Sold in #2 spot.
- Colorado Mines (7-0) - Solid #3 spot to face big challenge the next two weeks.
- Indianapolis (6-0) - remaining schedule is a combined 9-14
- Ashland (7-0) - easiest game remaining is this week (4-3 Northern Michigan)
- McKendree (5-1) - remaining schedule is a combined 7-15. Even if they win out, playoff hopes depend on what teams below them do the rest of the season.
- Grand Valley (6-1) - win over undefeated MTU vaults GVSU into final playoff position.
- Texas A&M-Commerce (6-1) - Slight bump in Power Ranking, but GVSU jumped them with better SOS.
- Colorado State-Pueblo (6-1) - would a win over Colorado Mines put CSUP in top 7?
- Michigan Tech (5-1) - loss to Grand Valley knocks MTU out of playoff spot, cannot afford another loss.
Eastern New Mexico is #13
West Texas A&M is #22
Tarleton State is #35
Texas A&M-Kingsville is #36
Future LSC football schools Western New Mexico is #29 and Panhandle State is #38.
The rankings are mathematical rankings based on W/L % and Opponents W/L records.
Big matchups this week
Midwestern State at Texas A&M-Commerce - Several reasons this a big one - #1 LSC Seed at stake, MSU win keeps them at top of SR4 rankings, TAMC win moves them into top 7 (probably). MSU loss possibly drops them four spots, TAMC loss puts playoff hopes in serious jeopardy.
Michigan Tech at Ferris State - MTU on brink of playoff elimination after loss to GVSU. Ferris State in contention for top SR4 seed.
Colorado Mines at Colorado State-Pueblo - Mines can solidify #3 spot with win, and depending on the two games above, could possibly assume the top seed. A loss drops them possibly all the way down to #9 due to weak SOS. A CSUP loss eliminates their playoff hopes, while a win might move them up into top 7 (if TAMC and Grand Valley lose) or simply keep them just on the outside looking in.
Others to watch
Findlay at Grand Valley State - both teams can score, but GVSU defense has been better.
Ashland at Northern Michigan - Ashland cannot afford a hiccup with Grand Valley and Michigan Tech the next two weeks.
Angelo State at Eastern New Mexico - #12 (ASU) at #13 (ENMU), winner needs to win out and get a lot of help above them to crack top 7. Loser will play out the schedule for pride and try to ruin someone else's season.
Colorado Mesa at Fort Lewis - CMU is a solid #11, and with CSUP and Colorado Mines the next two weeks has a shot at moving up quickly, especially with the carnage from teams ahead of them this weekend.